A kit offering the same performance as NFT (Nutrient Film Technique) but on a bigger scale and with only one nutrient tank to monitor.
MD804 Complete Kit 6FT Multi Duct Kit
Out of stock
Out of stock
MD804 Complete Kit 8FT Multi Duct Kit
Channel Size: 2500mm x 940mm x 65mm
Tank Size:- 2100mm x 700mm x 240mm
- 180 Litre tank.
- 4 x Dual Channel 8ft NFT top-tray.
- 4 x Correx top-plate.
- MJ1000 water pump and NFT fittings.
- Spreader Mat.
- pH down.
- pH test kit.
- 8 x Tray stand
Multi Ducts are NFT systems for the growers who think big! If you want the same results as the Gro Tank but want a bigger system the Multi Duct is for you. They offer the same performance on a bigger scale but still with one nutrient tank to monitor. Multi Ducts are also compatible with our Auto Top Up System, the perfect solution if you wish to leave your plants for longer but still achieve fantastic results.
- NFT performance on a bigger scale.
- Low maintenance
- Even distribution of nutrient to the plant.
- Easy access to pump and nutrient.
- Absence of root disease, typical in soil grown plants.
- Compatible with the Nutriculture Auto Top Up System.
This is probably the most popular method of hydroponic growing due to its simplicity and reliability. NFT grown plants typically produce 3 – 4 x greater yield than those grown in soil. In NFT, nutrients are added to water and this solution is contained in a tank and the plants sit on a grow tray, above the tank and the nutrient solution is pumped up to the grow tray and constantly flows over the roots of your plants. Any unused solution drains into a tank ready to be passed over the roots again, later on. The nutrient solution flows over the roots as a thin ‘film’ at only 1-3 mm deep. The flow is quite slow but just fast enough so that the water is in constant motion. The only growing medium used is the rockwool that the plants started in. The roots have constant access to oxygen (because very little medium is used) so you get plants that are never short of what they need.
- Never underfed or underwatered – This means that the plants are productive (growing) all the time.
- Unrestricted access to oxygen.
- Very little medium – Essential for fast growth.
- Any water not needed by the plant drains away – No water-logging, so no restriction of the plant’s access to oxygen.
- No nutrient build-up – any nutrients not needed drain back into the tank, so there’s no build up to potentially damage nutrient salts.
- Reduced chance of disease there’s – No soil included in NFT, so you won’t have to worry about soil borne diseases.
There is a greater take up of water and nutrients because plants in NFT have constant access to nutrient solution. The more water and nutrients a plant can take-up the better the yield it will produce.